Thursday, March 3, 2011

random scribbles

I am so impressed by the TV show Smallville. It is the first TV show on cable (in my knowledge) to portray pride as something sinful/evil/destructive. No other TV show I've watched has ever done that. Yes Smallville does have premartial sex scenes N stuff, but still, I can't believe they portrayed pride as being something distasteful, harmful, to be avoided!

If you're stickin' with Jesus it's all-chill
If you thinkin' that you'll leave him then I think you've never met someone who's more super than that dude from Smallville

-Phanatik from Cross Movement







***







I was browsing pics of Dallas Willard on the "Dallas Willard is my homeboy" facebook group. There is something about this guy. Just looking at pictures of this great apprentice of Jesus makes me really see Jesus in him. His face is just full of sublime joy, peace, and love. I want that. Paul said "Follow me as I follow Christ" in 1 Corinthians 11:1. I dare say that Dallas Willard is a modern day Timothy (It's risky saying someone is a modern day Paul) that I'm willing to follow as he follows Jesus so well. Thanks Jesus, for such an awesome role model to follow in this age!







***







I watched the first 10 seconds of this clip over 10 times just now. Man. It is so wicked how Batman just swings into the subway window, hops and grabs those ceiling bars, and lands with a "this is it" glare in ras al gul's face. That glare in 0:07-0:08 is so inspirational! I wanna metaphorically look God's enemy in the eye with a glare like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment