Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Just like that

I remember shooting around a basketball in the gym about a couple months ago at Tyndale. It was only me and this other university student. We shot around for a bit, then we introduced ourselves to each other. I asked him who his name was. He said Gabriel. He said that he was an exchange student from Germany.

Fast forward to a couple days ago, I hear that a German exchange student from the university side of my school had committed suicide. I was shocked. I wondered... could it have been that guy I shot around with in the gym a couple months ago? I googled him. Yeap. It was.

I didn't really build a bond with him aside from those few minutes, so there's no sense of grieving of loss here. But still. Shock. Wow. Just like that.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment