Monday, March 21, 2016

The Lost Art of Conversation

I'm coming to realize that good, rich, and deep conversations are what life is really about.

Yet, few people know how to have a really good one. I think part of the reason may be that people have different definitions of "good conversations" whether consciously or subconsciously. For some people, they want conversations that are funny. Others want something excitatory. Others want to just talk about fluff. Others simply just want to fill in the silence which they feel is unbearable.

I don't think good, rich, and deep conversations can be exhaustively defined. However, I think one way to discern whether one has just experienced one is by intuitively sensing how deep the satisfaction was. I'm learning that deep soul satisfaction comes from a resonance and "deep aliveness" that one feels in one's depths where one can say "Yes. This is what I was made for, for reasons I do not fully understand yet just know by my soul's conviction."

No comments:

Post a Comment